My photo
read the blog(s) and find out.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 9, Part 2

STUPA


Coming around a bend, I see this very large monument/statue of Stupa. I was quite stunned to say the least as there's pretty much nothing but a dirt road and trees on both sides, and to one side on a little clearing, is this very bright white buddhist monument. it seemed a little out of place at first, but then it didn't. it was peaceful reading the slogans and saying which were inscribed in stone around it.

I liked these slogans, when applied to riding.
well, the last one at least. Don't try to be the fastest. goes with motorcycling and as the saying goes there, it's "ride your own ride"I read the stones and sat around for a bit and relaxed. The more I thought about it the more it made sense to put this were it was. nothing around to distract you. I'm not one for meditation and religion and all, but if I were, this would be a perfect spot for it.

I got back on the bike and went about 100 yards further down the road which dwindled down to two ruts and was getting really narrow. I figured it was a driveway for a private residence, so i turned around and headed back to the Cabot trail.

There was a little store on the Cabot trail to get some smokes and some food and I picked up a pepperoni stick that was packaged with a cheese stick. It was the oddest thing ever and a good little snack on the side of the road. wish I could find that around here, but I guess I could always buy pepperoni and just cut some cheese. I also bought a pack of 'Bailey's' which have an biodegradable filter. neat to see that, but the smokes sucked.

-to be continued-

No comments: